Cleveland Public Theatre (CPT) is currently looking for House Managers for our 2017/18 season. This role is responsible for ensuring the best experience for all patrons and providing accurate records to CPT staff. Candidates must be outgoing, detail-oriented problem solvers who can work calmly under pressure.
Hours will depend on production schedules, but will involve Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Monday evenings for approximately 4-6 hours per night between October 2017 and June 2018. House Managers may also be asked to work special events and occasional Sunday & Wednesday shifts. This is a seasonal position from October 2017 – June 2018. Pay is $8.25/hr.
House Management duties include:
- Maintaining the integrity of Cleveland Public Theatre’s spaces including:
- Arriving at the theatre at least 90 minutes prior to the beginning of the show
- Troubleshooting performance spaces
- Light housekeeping of the performance and lobby spaces following the performances
- Providing a positive patron experience by:
- Training and managing volunteer ushers
- Supervising and supporting other front of house staff members
- Facilitating audience seating before performances
- Maintaining a quiet atmosphere in the lobby during performances by escorting latecomers to seats and assisting patrons with unique or special needs
- Preventing and responding to emergency situations either directly or by contacting the appropriate staff or emergency personnel
- Maintaining accurate performance records by:
- Documenting all important show information in a nightly report
- Documenting any incidents, patron feedback and usher evaluations
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A passion for or background in performing arts
- Customer service experience
- Poise and professionalism in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds
- Flexible evening availability
- Supervisory experience
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Jaclyn Vogel, Director of Patron Services, at email@example.com.