Cleveland Public Theatre (CPT) is hiring a part-time Bookkeeping Assistant. This role makes a meaningful contribution to life at CPT and its success. CPT will be accepting applications for this position thru July 31, 2019.
Cleveland Public Theatre has an opening for a 12 to 16 hour/week Bookkeeping Assistant. This role does basic data entry, filing, and simple account reconciliation. Some previous bookkeeping or QuickBooks experience is preferred, but CPT is willing to train capable candidates with related office or data entry experience.
CPT will consider college students entering the finance field, theatre artists seeking part-time work, and retired bookkeeping professionals seeking an opportunity to work with an arts organization.
The position’s schedule is 11:00 am to 3:00 pm, Tuesday thru Friday with some variation for workload. Rate: $10/hr. to $13/hr. Anticipated start date is Thursday, August 1.
Cleveland Public Theatre runs on inquisitive, ambitious, and energetic staff. This team places high value on kindness, grace-under-pressure, and an unstinting commitment to work. We are invested in issues of social justice and equity related to race, gender (including transgender), and sexual orientation. CPT values diversity on-stage, backstage, and on staff.
- Manage CPT Accounts Payables
- Enter bills into QuickBooks Accounts Payable
- Manage and enter credit card receipts
- Reconcile credit card statement on a monthly basis
- Filing of bills and receipts
- Contact vendors to reconcile statements and payments
- Support CPT’s Finance Department
- Provide general support to CPT finance team as needed
- Manage and distribute daily mail
- Log & document incoming funds
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Previous data entry experience required
- Demonstrated ability to learn new software
- Solid communication (oral, written, and phone), interpersonal, and writing skills
- Ability to manage workload and achieve deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Candidates with experience using QuickBooks will be especially considered
- Academic coursework in bookkeeping, accounting, or finance will be especially considered
- Previous office work experience
- Must have completed two years of undergraduate study
- Previous experience in the performing arts is given preference
Qualities & Personality
- A genuine interest in the arts
- Natural curiosity in how things work
- Able to work efficiently and calmly in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-function and re-prioritize tasks as they arise and keep busy at all times
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and always willing to see projects to completion
Interested candidates should send a resume and a letter of interest to Denis M. Griesmer, CFO/General Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org by end of day Wednesday, July 31.
No phone calls, please.
CPT is a nationally recognized center for contemporary performance. Its mission is to raise consciousness and nurture compassion through groundbreaking theatre and life-changing education programs. CPT implements this mission through its annual theatrical season, featuring between 10-15 adventurous professional productions and a robust series of play development programs that support writers and devisers at multiple points in the creative process. It also provides a bold education program that engages disadvantaged youth and adults in creating their own plays and sharing them with the community. CPT’s annual budget is around $2.5 million a year. CPT has 20 full-time staff members.