Monday, April 4 from 6:00-8:30pm OR Monday, April 25, 2022 from 6:00-8:30pm on Zoom!
Student Theatre Enrichment Program (STEP)
CPT’s STEP is a summer arts-based job training program that engages Cleveland teens in a powerful 8-week intensive that focuses on excellence in performance, play creation, physical theatre, writing, production, and set design/construction. Youth ages 14-19 work together to create, produce, perform, and tour an original piece that they create as an ensemble.
- Youth must be 14 – 19 yrs. old (Cuyahoga County residents)
- The STEP Ensemble is selected by audition:
- Performing Ensemble Audition – Perform a 1-minute piece (dance, monologue, or song)
- Tech Ensemble Audition – Prepare to speak about technical experiences.
- Youth should expect to remain for the full audition session
- Performance Ensemble Audition (6:00-8:30pm)
- Tech Ensemble Audition (6:00-7:30pm)
- Must RSVP by contacting Nicole Sumlin, CPT Education Director, or Allyse Corbin, Education Associate(info below)
- By Email or Phone: share name, confirmation, and current phone number
- Must complete STEP RegistrationForm: https://forms.gle/79FmnnBT4c3bUXMJ7
- STEP runs June 13 – August 7 (August 8th, rain date) including a two-week outdoor performance tour! Non-performance sessions occur Monday-Friday and run from 12:00-6:00pm.
- Students will receive a stipend for their participation at the end of the program.
- The program will be in-person as much as possible, strictly following safety procedures.
- Students will need to secure their own transportation for sessions at CPT and performances. Public transportation support is available.
Auditions will be held Monday, April 4, 2022 from 6:00pm-8:30pm on Zoom AND Monday, April, 25 from 6:00-8:30pm on Zoom! Youth auditioning to be part of the STEP Performance Ensemble are only required to attend one of the scheduled sessions.
Students interested in joining the Tech Ensemble must attend a session on Wednesday, May 26 from 6:00-7:30pm on Zoom.
**IMPORTANT: Parents and guardians of all interested youth are asked to attend the first 30 minutes of the audition meeting to learn more about STEP and to ask any questions that may arise!**