The timeline for this role runs from November 2021 through May 2022.
Substitute Teaching Artists successfully support Teaching Artists & Site Coordinators or lead in implementing CAN programming (depending on the need of the day), during which youth will build storytelling skills (incorporating body, voice, and ensemble) and community. Pay for Substitute Teaching Artists is $20/hr.
Curriculum will be provided for Substitute Teaching Artists. In most cases, the staffer who usually serves as the ongoing Supporting Teaching Artist will lead the class in the absence of the Teaching Artist & Site Coordinator. If there is a case where the Substitute Teaching Artist will need to lead the class, a short report form would need to be completed and shared with the Teaching Artist & Site Coordinator.
- Collaborating with CAN Teams and CPT Staff from applicable departments to successfully present artistic work at assigned sites
- Other duties that relate to CAN programs as determined by Teaching Artists & Site Coordinators and Education Director
Dates of scheduled programming:
CAN Academy youth will present their artistic work during the last week of programming during each session. Cuyahoga Metropolitan Housing Authority (CMHA) CAN youth will present a winter preview of their artistic work the week of December 13th and a fully-produced original work at the end of February/beginning of March. Additional programming and performances occur through May.
CMHA CAN: October 18, 2021- May 2022 (specific ending dates TBA)
- CMHA CAN
- Outhwaite Homes, Mondays and Wednesdays, 4:30-6:00pm (approx.), 2452 East 46th Street, Cleveland, Ohio 44104
- Riverside Park, Mondays and Wednesdays, 4:30-6:00pm (approx.), 17800 Parkmount Ave., Cleveland, Ohio 44135
- Lakeview Terrace, Tuesdays, and Thursdays, 4:30-6:00pm (approx.), 1290 W. 25th Street, Cleveland, Ohio 44113
- (January 2022) Woodhill Homes, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 4:00-5:30pm, 2491 Baldwin Rd., Cleveland, Ohio 44104
- In January 2022, all CMHA CAN sessions will run from 4:00-5:30pm.
- Substitute Teaching Artist reporting times, November-December 2021: 4:00-6:30pm (approx.)
- Substitute Teaching Artist reporting times, January-May 2022: 3:30-6:00pm (approx.)
- CAN Academy (at CPT):
- Fall session- November 1-December 9, 2021
- Winter session- January 4-February 17, 2022
- Spring session- March 4-April 28, 2022
- All sessions run from 4:30-6:00pm
- Substitute Teaching Artist reporting times: 3:30-6:30pm (approx.)
Please send a resume and brief letter of interest to Nicole Sumlin, CPT Education Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, the subject line should be your last name followed by “SUBSTITUTE TEACHING ARTIST.” No phone calls, please.