Cleveland Public Theatre is currently looking for Bartenders for our 2019/2020 season. CPT bartenders are passionate about the arts, about Cleveland, and about positive change in their community. Beyond being responsible for selling refreshments to our patrons, our bartenders are expected to be knowledgeable about Cleveland Public Theatre, our performances and programs, and our neighborhood, the Gordon Square Arts District. Bartending and serving experience are preferred.
Hours will depend on production schedules, but will typically involve Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Monday evenings for approximately 4-6 hours per night with some shows having Sunday and Wednesday performances. Bartenders may also be asked to work special events. This is a seasonal position from October 2019 to June 2020.
Pay is $9.00/hour
Bartender duties include:
- Arriving 90 minutes prior to the beginning of a show to set up
- Serving 45 minutes before the performance, at intermission, and sometimes after the show
- Selling wine, beer, non-alcoholic beverages, and merchandise to our patrons
- Balancing and reconciling nightly reports against inventory
- Filling out nightly bar reports accurately and efficiently
- Stocking and displaying merchandise in an orderly manner
- Keeping bar lobby and bar area presentable to guests
- Cleaning the bar at the end of each night
The ideal candidates will possess:
- A passion for or background in performing arts
- Customer service, cash handling, credit-card handling, and/or food service experience
- Poise and professionalism in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds
- Flexible evening availability
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Jaclyn Vogel, Director of Patron Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.