Cleveland Public Theatre is currently looking for Bartenders/Front of House Staff for our 2021/2022 season. CPT Bartenders are passionate about the arts, Cleveland, and positive change in their community. Beyond being responsible for selling refreshments to our patrons, our Bartenders are expected to be knowledgeable about Cleveland Public Theatre, our performances and programs, and the Gordon Square Arts District. Bartending and serving/customer service experience are preferred.
Hours will depend on production schedules, but will typically involve Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Monday evenings for approximately 4-6 hours per night with some shows having Sunday and Wednesday performances. Bartenders may also be asked to work special events. This is a part-time, seasonal position from November 2021 to June 2022.
Pay is $11.00/hour.
- Arriving 90 minutes prior to the beginning of a show to set-up
- Serving 45 minutes before the performance, at intermission, and occasionally after the show
- Selling wine, beer, non-alcoholic beverages, and merchandise to our patrons
- Balancing and reconciling nightly reports against inventory
- Filling out nightly bar reports accurately and efficiently
- Keeping bar lobby and bar area presentable to guests
- Cleaning the bar at the end of each night
- When not selling concessions, assisting the House Manager with various projects/tasks
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidates will possess:
- A passion for or background in performing arts
- Customer service, cash handling, credit-card handling, and/or food service experience
- Poise and professionalism in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds
- Flexible evening availability
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Gregory Markgraf-Grimes, Patron Services Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org, by end of day Friday, October 29th, 2021.
ABOUT THE CPT STAFF
CPT cares passionately about reflecting our community and pursuing diversity at all levels of the organization. We value courage, integrity, representation, joy, respect, humanity, and challenging ourselves and each other to be our collective best.
ABOUT CLEVELAND PUBLIC THEATRE
CPT is a nationally recognized center for contemporary performance. Our mission is to raise consciousness and nurture compassion through groundbreaking theatre and life-changing education programs. CPT implements this mission through our theatrical season, featuring between 6-12 adventurous professional productions and a robust series of new play development programs that support writers and devisers at multiple points in the creative process. CPT’s acclaimed education programs engage communities in devising new works that speak to contemporary issues and empower participants to work for positive change in our community. CPT is home to community ensembles Teatro Público de Cleveland and Masrah Cleveland Al-Arabi, and CPT annually presents Station Hope, a large-scale community arts festival.
CPT COVID-19 WORK POLICY
Employees are required to be vaccinated and to test when they have been significantly exposed to someone with COVID-19.